Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Our Pets Week - Making a Cat Face





I wanted to try something a little different for one of our art projects this week. For our cat face I wanted to see how well Ava could follow directions.

I had all of the different parts of the face cut out ahead of time and then put them into a big pile. I started by telling her and Riley to each take from the pile 2 eyes, 2 ears, 6 whiskers, etc. (sneaking in a little counting practice). Then I gave directions like "glue the blue eyes onto your face", "glue the black pupils onto your blue eyes." I left the actual placement up to her (as you can see from the ears!)

This certainly wasn't the most creative art project we've ever done. However, it was great for practicing  listening and organizational skills, and Ava had fun trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment